- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
- Information you provide through our Websites, or that we gather as a result of your use of our Websites or Gravatar services, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
- If IMoogi is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, IMoogi will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or IMoogi is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Personal Information iMoogi Collects
We may collect personal information at several places on the Websites, including without limitation:
- in connection with your selection of one of our licenses or legal tools including, without limitation, IMoogi, or the Public Domain Mark;
- when you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to us or signing up to receive updates from IMoogi;
- when you subscribe to one of our email discussion lists or register to establish a user account on any of our Websites;
- when you purchase merchandise;
- when you join the IMoogi network through our Aim for Applause (AFA) Community, and when you thereafter create/edit your profile page, identify your content, share your story, and/or establish a IMoogi Gravatar; and
- when you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the forums we make available to that community.
What iMoogi does with Personal Information
License/Tool Selection. We use the personal information you provide to us as part of your selection of one of our licenses/tools to provide you the RDF, html, and the Uniform Resource Locator that correspond to the license/tool you selected. Some older versions of the license chooser enable IMoogi to send you this information via email. In those cases, your email address is expunged after this email has been successfully sent. We may use all of this information to maintain license usage data. Emails and Newsletters. We use the personal information you provide to us when you send us emails or sign up to receive updates from IMoogi in order to respond to your request – for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about IMoogi news and campaigns. When you subscribe to updates from us, your email address is sent to and stored in a database hosted on IMoogis’ servers that can only be accessed by IMoogi staff and contractors. When you subscribe to one of our email discussion lists, your name and email address is sent to and stored by (1) IMoogi, or (2) another service with which IMoogi has engaged to provide email support (such as Constant Contact). Personal information submitted as part of our email discussion lists is used for the purpose of managing the discussion lists. Your name and email address will typically be visible to other list participants when you correspond on the list and to the general public in the discussion archives. All emails sent to the discussions lists are publicly archived. Purchases. When you purchase merchandise via our shopping cart system, your personal information will be handled depending on which option you choose.
- If you purchase merchandise from the IMoogi store, your personal information will be used for the purpose of sending you the items you purchased. If you sign up to receive updates from IMoogi when you check out from the store, we will use your personal information to send you communications about IMoogi news and campaigns.
Disclosures of Personal Information
Security of Personal Information Collected via the Websites; Gravatar
IMoogi has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that IMoogi stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Websites if any such security breach occurs.
Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
Reorganization or Spin-Offs
Special Note to International Users